Also known as Henry, I am a philosopher, working mainly on the philosophy of language and early modern philosophy (especially David Hume), with additional interests in philosophy of emotion, metaethics, and descriptive metaphysics. I'm also interested in computer science and its applications in philosophy and the humanities more generally. My current project in the philosophy of language involves developing a computational model of English: see https://github.com/merivale/victor.
- Janeway Stipendiary Lecturer and Outreach Officer in Philosophy and Computer Science, Hertford College, University of Oxford (2013-present)
- Non-Stipendiary Lecturer in Philosophy at Lincoln College, Lincoln College, University of Oxford (2014-2016)
- PhD in Philosophy, University of Leeds (2009-2014)
- Research Officer at the Leeds Electronic Text Centre, University of Leeds (2008-2011)
- BPhil in Philosophy, Balliol College, University of Oxford (2005-2008)
- Stiftung Maximilianeum Exchange Scholar, University of Munich (2004-2005)
- BA in Mathematics and Philosophy, Balliol College, University of Oxford (2000-2004)